The first weekend of 2011...

Whew! And the year is off to a fast start!

New Year's Day is my Great-Aunt Elsie's birthday, so we started off the year with lunch. Aunt Elsie is my PaClyde's only living sister. Sister Ruth and PaClyde are in Heaven with Jesus, but Aunt Elsie keeps their legacy alive! She turned 92 (I think), and is so spry and chipper! We had lunch with her daughter and grandkids and great-grandkids. Oh, what a fun day it was! I hope my children know what a cool thing it is to have a great-great aunt that they can know and love.

We then moved on to one of the most beautifully simple and elegant weddings I think I've ever been to. Jennifer and Cory, thank you for allowing us the opportunity to witness your union. May you forever feel the love you shared that day!

I sang the special music at church on January 2nd, and got some beautiful comments from some beautiful people all throughout the day. It is always such a blessing to me to start off the worship experience at church each year. I think I put more pressure on myself than I should, but I just always want it to be perfect. And I'm always reminded that as long as I go into it with a heart that longs to give back to God what's already HIS, it will be perfect. Thankfully it's NOT ABOUT ME!

And now, it's back to work. Whew. The few days I spent at home with my family were so precious. Mom, Dad, and Garrett were all off of work from December 24th through January 3rd, and Saralynn was out of school. Carter went to day care a few days. I was off the 24th, 27th, and 31st. I would've surely loved to have been off more, but duty calls. :)

I hope everyone is enjoying the year so far!

Comments

Popular Posts