Thankful

I had trouble accessing the blog again yesterday, so the first thing I'm thankful for this month is actually being posted on the 2nd. Oh, well. It doesn't diminish my thankfulness.

I read something Monday morning that suggested I go through my house room by room, thanking God for the material things He had provided me. Whoa, I thought. I'm not sure that's such a good idea. But, I kept reading, and liked what I read. I like to put my own spin on it, though, which leads me to what I'm grateful for today.

I am grateful to live where I live. With my parents? Yes. My husband and my children live with my parents, and have since before both of my kids were born. It's strengthened my relationship with my parents, my husband, and my children. Has it strained it, too? At times. But, it works for now. My kids know "home" and "their beds" no matter if Garrett and I have to be out of town or not. They get to see my parents every day. Life is good.

I know that there are plenty of people who don't have a warm place to live. No family to live with. And that makes me sad. And it makes me pray for them.

God, help me to do what I can to make sure that at least one life is bettered by my actions.

Thankfully,
Mary Beth

Comments

Popular Posts