Introducing...


Baby Pelt #2! (Look closely- it's the small smudge-looking area in the bottom right corner of the black oval in the middle of the picture).

We went to see Dr. Bowie today, as I've already mentioned. We waited for what seemed like an eternity, and all the while, I prayed that Dr. Bowie would find a strong, beautifully strong heartbeat. I never once had a day's trouble with my first pregnancy, and we never had any reason to think anything but a strong heartbeat would prevail, but I still found myself more anxious this time around.

Dr. Bowie began the ultrasound as normal, and within about 10 seconds said that he saw a heartbeat. Oh, thank you, Jesus! He then said he'd show us in a minute, but... Garrett interrupted him to ask that he look to be sure there was only one baby. Dr. B. said that's exactly what he was doing. HA! It's amazing how we can have different priorities. Garrett trusted that everything would be fine and a heartbeat would be found, and just wanted to be sure there was only one baby, and I just wanted to see a heartbeat, or heartbeats- it didn't matter to me. In the end, Dr. B. showed us the heart as it was beating and let us hear it, and it was music to my ears. I immediately thought back a little over 3 years ago to the time I heard Saralynn's heartbeat for the first time and thought it was the most beautiful music I'd ever heard. I thought the same today!

As he was finishing the ultrasound, he noted that it showed I was one less week further along than he thought I was. I went in two weeks ago on Monday, so he waited to do the ultrasound, and he was glad he did. According to the "due date wheel" and the math, my due date was November 19th. However, the ultrasound put me at November 25th. So, I went in 7 weeks along and came out 6 weeks, 1 day along. What does that mean? It means that because we'll have a scheduled c-section (my body doesn't like birthin' babies Miss Scarlett) that will happen at 39 weeks, we'll have a baby the day before Thanksgiving. I can't think of anything else I'd rather celebrate this Thanksgiving holiday. Yes, I'll celebrate with traditional hospital green jello while the family enjoys turkey and dressing, but it'll all be more than worth it to hold my baby in my arms. Dr. B. told Garrett he could bring a frozen turkey and bowl in the halls. Wouldn't that be a sight?!?!

Thank you so much for storming Heaven with prayers for all of us. I surely felt them, and I know Jesus heard them. We're going to bed tonight with thoughts of what all God has in store for our family of 3, soon to be 4.

Oh, and Saralynn is enjoying looking at the peanut picture and saying, "That's my Baby Morgan". (She has a baby doll that's name is Morgan, so that's all she knows to associate right now). The name is still up for debate- we'll keep you posted. For now, knowing Baby Pelt has a heartbeat is the greatest feeling to me, and one I'll rest in tonight.

Intentionally Praying Blessings on you for your prayers for us,
Mary Beth, Garrett, Saralynn, and Baby #2

Comments

Popular Posts