Passion... for the PRESENT


Today was the last day of Christmas break.  Monday morning, it's back to the routine.  And I'm glad.  Oh, how I love down time with my family (Christmas is the BEST since Garrett is off for most of it with us), but when it's time, it's time, and it's time to get back in the swing...

Carter went to day care today, so Saralynn and I set out for a little time out of the house.  To say she's had cabin fever since she's felt better is an understatement.  We started out at our local Habitat for Humanity ReStore looking for old windows to use for craftiness...  no such luck.  We did, however, stumble on a find for Carter (more on that tomorrow).  We ran a few other errands and ended our time out with lunch...


When we got home, we made shoelace jewelry and had a BLAST!  We also found Wipeout on her iPad mini...  Clearly, we had fun...  


We visit my grandparents every Friday afternoon, and it is such a joy.  They absolutely live for the hour or so we're there.  My grandmother's memory is failing her more and more by the day, and it breaks my heart to see how that is grieving my grandfather, but we cherish our time with them every week.  After we left, we dined on the goodness that is Chick-fil-A before retrieving a sleeping bag for Carter from a sweet friend at church.  Saralynn got a sleeping bag for Christmas from her cousins, so her nightly ritual has been to sleep in the floor in her bag.  We've made as much of a game out of sleeping on blankets as we could for Carter, but last night was IT- he was done with (or undone by) his lack of a sleeping bag.  Saralynn and I went on a hunt for one, but to no avail.  Enter Mrs. Pam, who saved the day with the coolest hand-me-down football sleeping bag the world has EVER seen.  We came home and promptly displayed in the middle of the den for all to behold.  

Bedtime proved difficult tonight, because Pop was watching the Cotton Bowl, which Carter wanted to see; Mimi was watching Duck Dynasty, which Saralynn wanted to see; we were playing Wipeout and Stack the States on the iPad, which I wanted to see; and Daddy was watching replays of the Passion feed, which both kids wanted to see.  Guesses on which prevailed?

Anyone?  

Behold, bedtime...  


Sleeping bags in the middle of the living room/playroom/computer room, sleeping to the melodic sounds of Kari Jobe's "Revelation Song" and Louie Giglio's words to wrap up the Passion evening.

Have I mentioned that I LOVE my life?!


Comments

Popular Posts