Can I get a "Roll Tide?!"

Last night was the National Championship game.  My beloved Alabama Crimson Tide, ranked #2 after a loss earlier in the season to Texas A&M under the leadership of "Johnny Football" Manziel, played the #1 ranked and undefeated Notre Dame Fighting Irish.  I have loved the Tide for a long time now, mostly because of my Daddy.  He is my hero, my first love, the one Jesus chose to be my earthly daddy.  I had a great-uncle (actually by marriage on my mom's side, so not even "blood related" to my daddy) that instilled a love for the Tide in Daddy.  I've grown up watching sports, namely basketball, football, and baseball.  Daddy played basketball like it was his lifeblood when I was young, and I've always enjoyed watching him, whether on the court or the softball field.  I ate, slept, and breathed sports as a young girl, and truth be told, I still do...  If I had a do-over in life, I would follow my dream of being a sportscaster...

I digress.

I so looked forward to watching "the big game" with the family, but instead, after the first full day back in the routine, everyone was zapped and in bed by 8:00, and some before.  I watched in utter amazement as my Tide spanked the Irish 42-14.  The score easily could've been 70 or more.  It was a sight to behold.  It was pretty much fact that Alabama was the more superior team in every sense of the word, but I was genuinely surprised that the Irish didn't give them *this much more* of a fight than they did.  The Irish were seeking their first National Championship in 25 years, yet they played like it was the first day of spring practice.

I commend Coach Saban and his staff on a well coached, well thought out game.  And mad props to Barrett Jones, who lives out his faith both on and off the field.  "If I'm known as Barrett Jones- he's a great Alabama football player- then I'm not doing my job  I want to be known as Barrett Jones- he's a Christian who happens to play football- not a football player who happens to be a Christian."

Fight on, men.  Roll Tide.  You achieved your 15th National Championship in school history, and became the first club in Football Bowl Series history to win Back to Back championships.

Comments

Popular Posts