Resolutions

I'm not usually one for resolutions, only because I never keep them. But this year, I decided to give it a shot. I've heard that writing them down helps, so here goes nothin'...

1. I'm hoping to hand-write at least one letter a day this year and either mail it or hand-deliver it. I've realized how much social media has cut down on hand-written letters, and that makes me sad. Sure, I can drop a line on Facebook to someone I haven't talked to in a while that I might not otherwise get to talk to because I don't have their address, etc., etc., but the art (and love) shown in a hand-written letter is quickly dying. I hope to keep this one going!

2. I'm trying to cut back on my soft drink intake. It's now January 3rd and none consumed so far. I don't really expect to cut it out completely, but cutting back will surely help.

3. Along with Beth Moore and the girls at Living Proof Ministries, I'm going to attempt to memorize more scripture this year. I'm amazed at people who can spout scripture like their spouting their phone number. I'm hoping to get better at this one, too.

4. I'm going to try and get better about writing on this blog. It is such a help to me when I can. Here's hoping for a better blogging year!

5. We're starting a chore chart for Saralynn in hopes of helping her become more organized and keeping our household a little less stressful. This will help everyone, but she's really seemed to soak in the chill-time she's had at home lately. As a result, when she does freak out, it seems pretty bad, so we're going to try and chill out some this year by organizing and see what happens!

Do you have any resolutions you'd like to share?

Comments

Popular Posts