Why am I surprised?

God is so neat. That sounds really elementary, but sometimes we so caught up in the "bigness" of it all that we miss the small things.

I'm a member of our church's prayer chain, and just received an email regarding another family whose granddaughter has been battling a difficult diagnosis and illness. This young girl ran across a scripture that maybe you've seen before, but maybe not.

I'm in a real attitude today of praying and thinking of those who are hurting. Mrs. Sharon is still on my heart, and this scripture blessed me. I hope it does you, too, as you pray for those around you that need the healing touch of Jesus. Isn't His touch such a balm that heals our hurts and wounds?

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an external glory that far outweighs them all. So, we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal..." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

I was on Beth Moore's blog earlier watching a tutorial on scripture memory. Guess what word she used as an acrostic to help me learn? RENEW. And, look- the scripture above says we are RENEWED day by day. Coincidence? I think not.

Thank You Jesus that are troubles are momentary and temporary, and thank You that what You're preparing us for is eternal!

Intentionally,
Mary Beth

Comments

Popular Posts