Please Pray

For those of you in the LaGrange area, you will see this request on multiple blogs and may even receive multiple emails asking you to pray. Please be intentional and pray each time you receive it. For those of you not in the area that happen upon my blog, please lift up prayers, though you may not know the family directly.

Mrs. Sharon Niedrach is a true hero of the faith in my life. Mrs. Sharon worked with our youth group while I was growing up, and I am blessed to say that she was on her knees for us so much that I bet she has calluses on her knees. She is one of the most genuinely beautiful people I have ever met in my life. I am blessed to know her and her precious children and grandchildren.

Mrs. Sharon has faught a most heroic battle with pancreatic cancer for the past two years. This horrible disease has brought havoc on her body, but has done nothing but strengthen her spirit and her faith in the God that has never left her during what must have surely been dark days. Tests from this week show that the treatments she has been receiving are not reacting as the doctors would like for them to, which is quite obviously not news she and her family wanted to hear. Her doctors are dilligently seeking a clinical trial for Mrs. Sharon, but as of now, nothing has been found.

Please pray for Mrs. Sharon and her family. Her husband, Bob, is also a true example of what it means to be a godly leader, father, husband, and more. He is her primary caregiver at this point. They have four children and their spouses who also need our prayers- Amy, Wendy, Jim, and Nancy. Amy and Wendy were counselors of mine at camps growing up and always have been role models to me. Nancy is a sweet friend of mine that I've had the privilege to pray for and with for a long time. Jim was older than me, as were Amy and Nancy, but was always an example of "that guy you wouldn't mind taking home to Mom and Dad". Mrs. Sharon is grandmother to beautiful grandchildren that are also testaments to her grace and faith.

Her children have asked for specific prayers, so I'd like to share them here. You will notice that they ask for prayers for other families who are hurting. What a testament of their faith! The LeGodais family lost their father unexpectedly this week. His daughters went to school with my brother and me. I'm personally unsure of Mrs. Beall's situation, but God is not, and will hear your prayers on her family's behalf. Thank you in advance for your prayers! Niedrachs, it is an honor to go before the Father and lay our prayers for you at His feet. May you all smell the sweet aroma of His goodness around you in the coming days.

Sweet Jesus, hear our hearts as we pray, and thank You ever so much for helping us understand that none of this is a surprise to You. It is all meant to bring You honor and glory. Thank You that even though we may feel angry, confused, not know how to trust that all is well, that You are strong enough to take our insecurity, and use it as a blessing in our lives. We give these families and their trials to You. Please complete the work You've started in them. Humbly we pray, in Your name, Amen.

P*R*A*Y!!!!James 5:13 "Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray."James 5:16 "... pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective."

The next two weeks will be a time when Mother, Daddy & the doctors will need certain clarification on what to do next.Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all yourways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path." Isn't that what we need now most? The situation is impossible for us to understand with our human hearts & minds. All we can do is acknowledge His soverignty, His perfect plan, cling to Him for hope and pray He will direct the doctors in the right path. Please pray that Mother will have a strong sense of where she is in this fight. Psalm 143:8 "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul."Psalm 142:1-3 "I cry aloud to the Lord; I lift up my voice to the Lord for mercy. I pour out my complaint before him; before Him I tell my trouble. When my spirit grows weak within me, it is you who knows my way...."

We continue to ask the Lord for a miraculous healing. And we know in death, as a believer, Mother will be healed. 1 Corinthians 15:42 "so will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable, it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power..." But we also beg of Him more time with her in this life. Please pray that with us. He is our only hope. Psalm 28:7 "The Lord is my strength and my shiled; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped."

Pray for weight gain. Dr. Duttera encouraged her to eat anything & everything that sounded good to her... (which isn't much.)Pray for pain & nausea management... feeling better helps her eat better.Pray for my Daddy... her primary caregiver.Pray for others in similar situations: The Family of Claire Beall, The Family of Tom LeGodais... we are not alone in suffering.

Intentionally,
Mary Beth

Comments

Popular Posts