Genuinely Thankful

Today is a very thankful day... Hmm... Thankful Thursday... I like the ring that has!

I'm thankful that my Aunt Elsie is now back in her apartment at Vernon Woods after spending the night in the hospital with a little bout with some heart trouble. Apparently she had some fluid build up around her heart, but now is feeling better and back at home where she can rest.

I'm thankful that because it's Thursday it means we're going to Cisco's. This is our favorite Mexican restaurant in town, and at least 45 Thursdays out of the year, we're there. Saralynn loves our waitress, Mrs. Kelli, and she absolutely adores Polo. He's the man that brings our chips and salsa to us. He is an absolute delight, and though he doesn't speak much English, the smiles he and Saralynn share transcend any barriers or boundaries. She knows, somehow, that it's Thursday when she wakes up in the mornings and will say "I go see Polo 'night". It is so cute!

I'm thankful that Kelly's daughter, Harper, has had such a good day. Read up here: http://kellyskornerblog.com. Thank You, Jesus!

I'm thankful to be helping (at least planning to help- we have a meeting next month) with our 10-year high school reunion this summer. I'm excited to re-connect with old friends from school that I haven't seen in a long time.

I'm thankful that it's almost the weekend!

What are you thankful for? I'd love to share in your excitement!

Comments

Popular Posts