Emotions

If you haven't already, please visit Angie Smith's blog:  http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com.  Angie and her husband, Todd, who sings in my all-time favorite Christian group Selah, lost their daughter last April to what Angie calls "a situation that made her compatible with life".  Their story will humble you.  It did me.  It touched me like I'm not sure I've ever been touched before.  Even if you don't watch their video of the few hours they had with their daughter here on Earth, read her words.  They are written from the heart of a woman who knows, in the most intimate way I think I've ever seen, her God.  She knows Him the way I want to know Him.  She trusts Him when it seems crazy to.  But, she trusts.

The past few days have been very emotional for me.  For many different reasons.  But, at the end of it all, I'm grateful.  I'm grateful that God takes our mourning, our insecurities, our frustration, and our sometimes unbearable-to-ourselves bad moods and turns them into beautiful songs and symphonies.  I had a music professor that once said "You almost always expect a song to end on a major chord.  But, the ones that end on minor chords always get your attention.  That's no accident.  That's the way the composer intended it."

Thank You, Jesus, Composer of beautiful music for making beautiful songs, even when they end on minor chords.

Intentionally, 
Mary Beth

Comments

Popular Posts